XXXVIII.



I went to Italy in the summer of '11 and I hadn't got round to getting the disposable cameras developed until a few days ago. well one of them had gone bad and came back blank, but the other was 26 or 28 quite good photos. the top is one of places we camped, between an enormous field of sunflowers and a big field of grapevines. that morning we stole a few grapes but they were v. v. sour.
//
then underneath is the Pantheon in Rome. the writing on the front says that it was Marcus Agrippa who built the temple, but actually his temple was burnt to the ground in 80AD and another temple was built by the emperor, and then that one was burnt as well, and then this temple was completed by Hadrian in 128AD and he was too polite and modest to put his own name on it, so he gave the credit to Agrippa, the builder of the first Pantheon.
//
in other news, I'm worrying about a lot of things, looking back into the past (I know I shouldn't, it's pointless, etc.) and considering what I could have done differently. with all the friends I have lost I think "if I could have just done this..." or "if I hadn't done that..." and I think that maybe we'd still be friends. with the friends I have I think the same things, and I wonder if I could be much closer friends with them if I had just put the effort in. maybe if I had got my hands dirty every once in a while I would be closer to people.
//
also, I am rediscovering Avalanche City. listening to their album Our New Life Above The Ground, and every song is beautiful. xx

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

leave me a reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.